How do I set up and use BitMEX's anti-liquidation tool for risk prevention ?

Erin

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
I'm new to trading on BitMEX and I'm looking for some help understanding how to use the anti-liquidation tool for risk prevention. I know that this tool prevents liquidation of a position, but I'm not sure how to set it up and use it. Can someone please explain the steps involved in setting up and using the anti-liquidation tool?

I've heard that it's important to get the setting right and that it can be a bit tricky. Are there any tips for making sure that I get the setting right the first time? Also, is there a way to adjust the setting after the trade has already been placed?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Greta

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
BitMEX's Anti-Liquidation Tool is a risk management tool designed to help traders protect their positions from liquidation. It works by automatically adjusting the leverage of a position to maintain a certain level of margin coverage. The tool helps traders to prevent their positions from being liquidated due to a sudden market move or a margin call.

Setting up the tool is relatively simple and straightforward. First, log in to your BitMEX account and select the ‘Settings’ tab. From there, select ‘Risk Management’ and then ‘Anti-Liquidation Tool’. You can then choose the desired leverage level for the position and the amount of margin coverage you want to maintain. Once the settings are saved, the tool will automatically adjust the leverage of the position to maintain the desired margin coverage.

Once the tool is set up, it will automatically adjust the leverage of the position as the market moves. This helps to keep the position from being liquidated due to a sudden market move or a margin call. The tool also allows traders to adjust their leverage levels manually if they wish to do so.

Gloria

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
How do I set up and use BitMEX's anti-liquidation tool for risk prevention?

Cryptocurrency trading can be a risky business, but it doesn't have to be. BitMEX, a leading cryptocurrency trading platform, offers an anti-liquidation tool to help traders protect themselves from losses due to market volatility. This tool allows traders to set up a stop-loss order that triggers when the price of a coin reaches a certain level, allowing them to exit the trade before they incur a large loss.

In this article, we'll explain how to set up and use BitMEX's anti-liquidation tool for risk prevention.

What is an Anti-Liquidation Tool?

An anti-liquidation tool is a risk management tool used by cryptocurrency traders to protect themselves against losses resulting from market volatility. It's designed to trigger a stop-loss order when the price of a coin reaches a certain level. This allows traders to exit the trade before they incur a large loss.

How to Set Up and Use BitMEX's Anti-Liquidation Tool

Using BitMEX's anti-liquidation tool is easy. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to set it up and use it:

Step 1: Log into your BitMEX account.

Step 2: Go to the “Positions” tab.

Step 3: Select the position you want to protect.

Step 4: Click on the “Liquidation Price” link.

Step 5: Enter the price at which you want the stop-loss order to trigger.

Step 6: Click “Submit”.

Once you've set up the anti-liquidation tool, it will automatically trigger a stop-loss order when the price of the coin reaches the level you specified.

Benefits of Using an Anti-Liquidation Tool

Using an anti-liquidation tool can help reduce your risk when trading cryptocurrencies. It allows you to set a maximum loss limit and exit the trade before you incur a large loss. By using it, you can protect yourself from market volatility and minimize your losses.

Conclusion

BitMEX's anti-liquidation tool is a great tool for risk management and protecting yourself from losses due to market volatility. It's easy to set up and use, and can help you reduce your risk when trading cryptocurrencies.

VIDEO LINK:

Who Is Reading The Topic (Total:0)