What is the mystery genre called ?

Kyber-Network

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
Mystery Genre

Greetings fellow mystery fans! I'm new to the mystery genre and I'm looking for some help. I'm wondering what the mystery genre is called and what it's all about. Can anyone provide me with an overview of the genre and what makes it so captivating? I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences with the mystery genre.

Danielle

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
What is the Mystery Genre?

The mystery genre is a type of fiction that focuses on the solving of a crime or the uncovering of a secret. It typically involves a detective, either professional or amateur, who investigates a crime and attempts to uncover the truth. The genre is often seen as a form of entertainment, but it can also be used to explore topics such as justice, morality, and ethics.

Types of Mysteries

Mysteries come in a variety of forms. Some of the most popular types of mysteries include:

- Detective Fiction: This type of mystery focuses on a professional or amateur detective who investigates a crime and attempts to uncover the truth.

- Crime Fiction: This type of mystery focuses on the criminal and his or her motivations and actions.

- Thriller Fiction: This type of mystery focuses on suspense and action, often involving danger or violence.

- Cozy Mysteries: This type of mystery is light-hearted and often humorous, focusing on amateur sleuths and their investigations.

Notable Authors of Mysteries

The mystery genre has been popular for centuries, and many notable authors have contributed to its development. Some of the most notable authors of mysteries include:

- Agatha Christie: Often considered the "Queen of Crime," Christie is one of the most popular mystery authors of all time.

- Arthur Conan Doyle: Doyle is best known for his Sherlock Holmes stories, which helped to popularize the detective genre.

- Raymond Chandler: Chandler is best known for his hard-boiled detective stories, which helped to define the genre.

- Dashiell Hammett: Hammett is best known for his novel The Maltese Falcon, which helped to popularize the crime fiction genre.