Should a 14 year old watch The Crown ?

VirtualKenji

Qualified
Jul 15, 2023
The Crown is an award-winning Netflix series that follows the life of Queen Elizabeth II and her reign over the United Kingdom. It is filled with drama, suspense, and intrigue. But is it appropriate for a 14 year old to watch?

As a parent, I'm not sure if I should let my 14 year old watch The Crown. I'm curious to hear what other parents think. Is The Crown okay for 14 year olds to watch? Are there any scenes or topics that I should be aware of before allowing my child to watch it? Please share your thoughts and experiences with The Crown.

BitcoinGold

Qualified
Jul 9, 2023
Introduction

The Crown is a popular Netflix series about the life of Queen Elizabeth II. It is an award-winning show that has attracted a lot of attention from viewers of all ages. But is it appropriate for a 14 year old to watch The Crown? This is a question that has been asked by many parents and guardians who are concerned about the content of the show and its potential impact on their children.

What is The Crown?

The Crown is a historical drama series created by Peter Morgan and produced by Left Bank Pictures for Netflix. It follows the life of Queen Elizabeth II from her marriage in 1947 to the present day. The series stars Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II, Matt Smith as Prince Philip, and Vanessa Kirby as Princess Margaret. The show has been praised for its accurate portrayal of the British royal family and for its exploration of the Queen's relationships with her family and her political advisors.

Is The Crown Appropriate for a 14 Year Old?

The Crown is rated TV-MA, which means it is intended for mature audiences only. The show contains strong language, violence, and sexual content, and may not be suitable for younger viewers. However, the show also contains themes of family, loyalty, and duty that may be relevant to a 14 year old.

How Can Parents Monitor Their Child's Viewing?

Parents should be aware of what their children are watching and should monitor their viewing habits. They should also be aware of the potential impact of the show on their child. If parents are concerned about the content of The Crown, they should watch the show with their child and discuss any topics that may be of concern.

Conclusion

In conclusion, The Crown is a popular show that has received critical acclaim. While it is rated TV-MA, it may still be appropriate for a 14 year old depending on their maturity level and the guidance of their parents or guardians. Parents should monitor their child's viewing habits and be aware of the potential impact of the show on their child.