SHIB developer Kusama: ‘Memes are the gateway to crypto and blockchain’

Emily

Crypto News Squad
Jul 17, 2023
SHIB developer Kusama: ‘Memes are the gateway to crypto and blockchain’

The pseudonymous lead developers of Memecoin Shiba Inu (SHIB), Shytoshi kusama and Kaal Dhairya, gave their first interview to Arab Business World. In the interview published on Friday, Kusama and Dhairya revealed previously unknown facts about their past lives.

For example, Kusama, who speaks six languages, has “done a lot of things,” including “music, photography, and working as a barista,” and was an Uber driver in Los Angeles, while Dhairya, who is considered a tech genius, worked part-time as a food delivery courier in New York.

The beginning of Kusama and Dhairya’s working relationship

Kusama’s foray into the tech world began when she met a wealthy man while she was an Uber driver. She explained:

“…one day this super rich guy came up behind me. I said, ‘What are you doing?’ He said: ‘If you want what I have, get into technology.’ So I did it.”
He started out by trading crypto as a hobby for two cycles over seven years. He invested $4,000 and made a “reasonable profit in tokens.” He then joined the shiba inu chatroom, which at the time had only 6,000 members, and invested $3,000 in meme tokens.

At the same time, she came across the first blog by Ryoshi, the pseudonymous creator of SHIB, who talked about decentralization. After meeting Ryoshi in a chat room, Kusama began pitching an idea to Ryoshi, who was immediately approved.

But Kusama realized she needed the support she found in Dhairya and met him in the chat room as well. He asked Dhairya to quit his job and offered him a year’s salary. Kusama said:

“Hey [Dhairya] He reassured me that this could be big, and in crypto you need at least one person you can trust, otherwise everyone around you is like sand or wind. They always go for someone they think will make them more money.”
And Kusama trusted Dhairya to get the job done.

Narrating his side of the story, Dhairya said:

“I understood that very well. [SHIB] vision because I was looking at different companies and how companies like Airbnb were growing. “When he showed me the vision, I thought, yeah, I get it… I didn’t hesitate to join him.”
Goal: The world’s first trillion-dollar decentralized asset

Ryoshi founded SHIB in August 2020 with a specific plan to create five tokens and multiple pieces of technology. This includes SHIB, BONE, LEASH, TREAT (not yet released), and a stablecoin called SHI, as well as many technologies such as Shiba Swap. Calling Ryoshi the “dogecoin killer,” Kusama explained:

“Her [Ryoshi’s] Our goal was, if someone could actually build all of this, then we could surpass the Doge.”
The duo has an ambitious plan for the meme coin going forward. Kusama stated that the goal is to become “the world’s first trillion-dollar decentralized organization,” adding:

“Less than 5 percent of the world currently uses crypto; we are not only seeing crypto explode, we are also seeing memes become the gateway to crypto and blockchain, and Shiba Inu being the brand that will lead the world from Web2 to Web3.”
A franchise with ethical values

According to Kusama, Ryoshi created SHIB as an experiment. Ryoshi didn’t want people to pay for influencers or marketplace listings. Instead, he wanted SHIB owners and developers to do the marketing themselves, “to make something cool,” Kusama said.

Kusama added that Ryoshi believed that this kind of collaboration would easily allow them to “build the world’s largest decentralized community.” And the community still operates in the same spirit.

Dhairya said SHIB was like a “moral concession.” He explained:

“People are building their own things with this, and our job is to give them the ability to get their message out there. And to make sure that we take some of that market share and bring it back to the foundation, back to the community.”
He added that to be part of the SHIB movement, people have to go through a checklist to ensure that they are part of the same ethos. He also explained:

“If you want to make Shiba Coffee tomorrow and you fulfill our checklist, you are part of the framework that we have created and you can take market share from Starbucks and push that back into the community, then the entire community is behind you.”
SHIB to see leadership change by year-end

Despite SHIB currently being the 13th largest cryptocurrency, Kusama and Dhairya have no plans to give up their anonymity. They also plan to hand over the reins of the project to the community by the end of this year. Kusama said:

“…we are currently in the lead, until the end [the] “There will be committees of people who will take the lead on certain things throughout the year.”
Therefore, anonymous developers see no point in revealing their identities. They also prefer anonymity, which they find very valuable. Kusama said:

“The fact that we can sit here in this cafe, there’s no security outside, no one recognizes me, that’s actually more valuable than any amount of money.”
”interviews”

#SHIB #developer #Kusama #Memes #gateway #crypto #blockchain