sec coinbase ?

Rarible

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the crypto world and I'm trying to figure out how to buy bitcoin through Coinbase. I'm familiar with the basics of cryptocurrency, but I'm not sure how to go about making a purchase. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to buy bitcoin through Coinbase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prometeus

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
What is Coinbase?

Coinbase is a digital currency exchange and wallet platform that allows users to buy, sell, store, and transfer digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. It is one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, with millions of users around the world. Coinbase is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and is regulated by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

What Does Coinbase Offer?

Coinbase offers a variety of services, including a secure digital wallet, a cryptocurrency exchange, and a merchant payment solution. The Coinbase wallet allows users to securely store their digital currencies, as well as send and receive payments. The Coinbase exchange allows users to buy and sell digital currencies, as well as trade them with other users. The Coinbase merchant payment solution allows merchants to accept digital currencies as payment for goods and services.

Is Coinbase Regulated by the SEC?

Yes, Coinbase is regulated by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Coinbase is registered as a Money Services Business (MSB) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). Coinbase is also registered as a Money Transmitter with the California Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). Coinbase is also registered with the SEC as an Alternative Trading System (ATS). Coinbase is also a member of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).