How do I set up and use BitMEX's auto-deleverage feature for liquidations ?

Erin

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
I'm new to trading with BitMEX and I'm not familiar with their auto-deleverage feature for liquidations. From what I understand, this feature allows a trader to automatically reduce the risk of a liquidation in case of a large price move in a short period of time. I'd like to know more about this feature and how to set it up and use it effectively.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the auto-deleverage feature? How does it work and what tools are available to help manage it? What are the criteria for liquidation and how can I use this feature to protect my position from liquidation? How do I know if I'm using the auto-deleverage feature correctly?

I'd really appreciate any advice or tips from experienced traders who have successfully used this feature. Thanks in advance for any help.

EOSenthusiastX

Beginner
Jul 18, 2023
BitMEX is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, offering a wide range of services and features to its users. One of these features is the auto-deleverage feature, which allows users to automatically liquidate their positions in the event of a price drop. In this article, we will discuss how to set up and use BitMEX's auto-deleverage feature for liquidations.

Auto-deleverage is a feature that allows users to automatically liquidate their positions in the event of a price drop. This feature is designed to protect users from large losses due to sharp price drops. When enabled, the auto-deleverage feature will liquidate a user's position if the price drops more than a certain percentage.

Setting up auto-deleverage is a relatively simple process. First, users must log in to their BitMEX account and navigate to the “Account” page. On this page, users will see a “Auto-Deleverage” section. Here, users can set the percentage at which they would like their positions to be liquidated.

Once the auto-deleverage feature has been enabled, it will automatically liquidate a user's position if the price drops more than the set percentage. This feature is designed to protect users from large losses due to sharp price drops.

In conclusion, BitMEX's auto-deleverage feature is a useful tool for protecting users from large losses due to sharp price drops. Setting up and using the auto-deleverage feature is a relatively simple process, and it can be done in just a few steps. With the auto-deleverage feature enabled, users can rest assured that their positions will be liquidated in the event of a price drop.

Keywords: BitMEX, auto-deleverage, liquidation, price drop, protection, losses, set up, use.

Gloria

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
How Do I Set Up and Use BitMEX's Auto-Deleverage Feature for Liquidations?

BitMEX is a leading cryptocurrency exchange that offers a wide variety of products and services to its users. One of its most popular features is the Auto-Deleverage feature, which allows users to automatically close out their leveraged positions in the event of a liquidation. This feature helps to protect users from incurring large losses due to market volatility. In this article, we will discuss how to set up and use the Auto-Deleverage feature on BitMEX.

What Is Auto-Deleverage?

Auto-Deleverage, or Auto-DL, is a feature offered by BitMEX that automatically closes out a leveraged position when the liquidation price is reached. This helps to protect users from incurring large losses due to market volatility. The Auto-Deleverage feature is especially useful for traders who use high leverage and are unable to monitor their positions 24/7.

How to Set Up Auto-Deleverage

Setting up Auto-Deleverage on BitMEX is relatively straightforward. First, go to the "Settings" tab on the home page. Next, click on the "Auto-Deleverage" tab and select the "Enable" option. You can then set the Auto-Deleverage threshold, which is the maximum amount of leverage you want to use for each position.

How to Use Auto-Deleverage

Once you have enabled Auto-Deleverage on BitMEX, it will automatically close out your leveraged positions in the event of a liquidation. This means that if the market moves against you and your position is in danger of liquidation, BitMEX will automatically close it out and you will not be liable for the losses.

Conclusion

The Auto-Deleverage feature on BitMEX is a great way to protect your positions from large losses due to market volatility. It's easy to set up and use, and it can help to ensure that you don't incur large losses due to unforeseen market movements.

Video Tutorial: How to Use Auto-Deleverage on BitMEX

[embed]

Who Is Reading The Topic (Total:0)