How do I handle slippage while placing market orders on Kraken Pro ?

Anthony

Rookie
Jul 16, 2023
I'm new to the cryptocurrency market and I've been trying to place market orders on Kraken Pro, but I'm having trouble with slippage. I know that slippage occurs when the asset is trading at a different price than what you expect, but I'm not sure how to handle it when placing a market order. Does anyone have any advice on how to minimize slippage when trading on Kraken Pro? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Elise

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
What is Slippage?

Slippage is the difference between the expected price of a trade and the price at which the trade is actually executed. This can occur when the market is volatile or when there is a large order that moves the market. Slippage, Market Volatility, Trade Execution.

What is Kraken Pro?

Kraken Pro is a cryptocurrency trading platform developed by Kraken, a US-based cryptocurrency exchange. It offers advanced trading features, such as margin trading, short selling, and advanced order types. Kraken Pro, Cryptocurrency Trading, Margin Trading, Short Selling, Advanced Order Types.

How to Handle Slippage on Kraken Pro?

When placing market orders on Kraken Pro, slippage can be handled by using limit orders instead. Limit orders allow traders to specify the maximum price they are willing to pay for an asset, which can help to prevent slippage. Additionally, traders can use stop-loss orders to limit their losses in the event of a large price movement. Limit Orders, Stop-Loss Orders, Prevent Slippage.

It is also important to be aware of the market conditions before placing a market order. If the market is particularly volatile, it may be wise to wait until the market has settled before placing a market order. Additionally, traders should always be aware of the current market price before placing a market order. Market Conditions, Market Volatility, Market Price.

Finally, traders should be aware of the fees associated with market orders on Kraken Pro. Market orders incur higher fees than limit orders, so traders should be aware of the fees associated with each type of order before placing a trade. Fees, Market Orders, Limit Orders.

Who Is Reading The Topic (Total:0)