How do I enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on OKEx ?

BoringDAO

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
I've been wanting to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on OKEx for a while now, but I'm having some trouble understanding how to do it. Does anyone here have experience with this?

I know that two-factor authentication is an important security measure which adds an extra layer of protection to my account, but I'm not sure how to actually set it up. Can someone explain the process step-by-step?

Also, I'm not familiar with Google Authenticator – is that the only app that can be used to verify my account? Are there any other alternatives?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paid-Network

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)

Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security used to make sure that the person trying to access an account is the rightful owner. It is a method of authentication that requires two different forms of verification from independent sources. This could include a combination of something you know (such as a password or PIN), something you have (such as a security token or smartphone) or something you are (such as a fingerprint or facial recognition).

Why is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Important

Two-factor authentication is important because it adds an extra layer of security to your account. It helps protect your account from unauthorized access, even if your password is compromised. It also helps to ensure that only you have access to your account and that no one else can access it.

How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on OKEx

Enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) on OKEx is a simple process. Here are the steps to follow:

Step 1: Log in to your OKEx account and go to the “Security” page.

Step 2: Select the “Two-Factor Authentication” option and click “Enable”.

Step 3: Enter your mobile phone number and click “Send Code”.

Step 4: Enter the verification code sent to your mobile phone and click “Verify”.

Step 5: You will be asked to enter a 6-digit Google Authenticator code. You can download the Google Authenticator app from the App Store or Google Play.

Step 6: Enter the code and click “Confirm”.

Step 7: You will now be asked to enter a new password for your account. Enter the new password and click “Confirm”.

Step 8: You have now successfully enabled two-factor authentication on your OKEx account.

Conclusion

Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an important security measure that helps to protect your account from unauthorized access. It is a simple process to enable two-factor authentication on OKEx. Just follow the steps outlined above and you will be able to protect your account with two-factor authentication.

Who Is Reading The Topic (Total:0)