How do I access historical market data on Coinbase Pro ?

Camille

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
I'm new to cryptocurrency trading and I'm looking to access historical market data on Coinbase Pro. Can anyone provide me with some advice on how to access this data? I'm not sure if I need to use a specific API or if Coinbase Pro has a downloadable archive of historical market data.

Horace

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
What is Coinbase Pro?

Coinbase Pro is a digital asset exchange platform owned and operated by Coinbase, Inc. It offers a wide range of cryptocurrency trading services, including spot trading, margin trading, and derivatives trading. Coinbase Pro also offers access to historical market data, allowing traders to analyze price trends and make informed trading decisions.

How to Access Historical Market Data on Coinbase Pro?

Coinbase Pro provides access to historical market data through its REST and WebSocket APIs. The REST API allows users to query the order book, retrieve account information, and view trade history. The WebSocket API provides real-time market data, including order book updates, price changes, and trade activity.

Using the REST API

The REST API allows users to query the order book, retrieve account information, and view trade history. To access the REST API, users must create an API key and secret. The API key and secret can be found in the Coinbase Pro settings page.

To use the REST API, users must first make an authenticated request to the Coinbase Pro API. This can be done using the Coinbase Pro API client libraries. Once authenticated, users can make API calls to retrieve the desired data.

Using the WebSocket API

The WebSocket API allows users to receive real-time market data, including order book updates, price changes, and trade activity. To access the WebSocket API, users must create an API key and secret. The API key and secret can be found in the Coinbase Pro settings page.

Once authenticated, users can connect to the WebSocket API and subscribe to the desired channels. The WebSocket API will then send real-time market data to the subscribed channels.

Conclusion

Coinbase Pro provides access to historical market data through its REST and WebSocket APIs. To access the data, users must create an API key and secret and authenticate their requests. Once authenticated, users can make API calls to retrieve the desired data or connect to the WebSocket API and subscribe to the desired channels.

Who Is Reading The Topic (Total:0)